Search The Web

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homemade Maple Syrup

 I wanted to make my kids a good breakfast before they headed out the door to school. I made them a great pancake breakfast with precooked sausage from Alison's Pantry, only to discover that there was not enough syrup to go around. I quickly found this recipe and made it. Luckily I had maple flavoring on hand with the intent of one day learning how to make homemade syrup.  This syrup is so much better than store bought. I have seen several recipes with a less maple flavoring in, so feel free to adjust that to your liking.

1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple flavored extract

In a medium sauce pan, bring the water and sugars to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and stir in the maple extract and simmer for 3 minutes longer.

The syrup was a little bit runny to begin with but once it cooled it thickened. It will also thicken a little more with cooking it longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...