Search The Web

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Zucchini Bread

I found this recipe on  Allaboutfoodstorage.com  It is super yummy and very moist. The best recipe I have found for Zucchini bread so far.

1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. all-purpose (white) flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. clove
2 1/2 c. zucchini, shredded (about 3 medium zucchini)
1 c. pecans, chopped (I prefer walnuts, so that is what I use.)
4 eggs (or 1/4 c. powdered eggs + 1/2 c. water)
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. oil
1 tsp. lemon zest

Measure and sift together the first eight dry ingredients and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, sugars and oil. Blend thoroughly. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture while stirring. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold in zucchini, pecans and lemon zest. Pour batter into two greased 8 or 9 inch loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I used 1 tsp. of Pumpkin pie spice in place of the allspice, ginger and cloves.

I sprinkled the top with Vanilla Cinnamon and Sugar from Alison's Pantry.
I didn't have any lemon zest on hand, so I left it out. The bread still turned out yummy. My search for the perfect Zucchini Bread is over.

For a healthier version check out Kim's Notes at   All about food storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...