Search The Web

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jello Cake


I'm not a big fan of cake, mostly because I don't like dry cake.  I love Jello cake though because it is so moist and yummy. This recipe has been in my family for years.  My mom made it when I was a kid, now it is the cake I try to talk my kids into picking for their birthdays. 

Jello Cake

Ingredients

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Any Flavor Gelatin (bright colored Jello shows up the best)
1 cup cold water
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
1 Small pkg. Vanilla or Lemon Pudding

PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch pan. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Poke cake with fork at 1/2-inch intervals.

ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cold water; pour over cake.

MIX pudding according to package directions. Combine Cool Whip and pudding, stir until mixed well.

FROST cake with Cool Whip and pudding mixture. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thank you for joining in at Joy of Desserts. I look forward to more of your desserts. Come back soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...