Search The Web

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Cookies in a Jar


I love the Christmas Season and all the decorations that come out during the month of December.  Not only do trees and lights come out, but kindness and caring in people seems to be more abundant. I am more generous with my neighbors and look forward to sharing the Christmas spirit with them. My family started a new tradition a few years ago that we all look forward to sharing with neighbors. I will share that tradition in a future post as I think it is so fun and so do my kiddos. 


Today I have something fun to share.  Cookies in a jar. This is a fun way to give your neighbors a gift that they don't have to eat right away.  I don't know about you, but I get a little tried of all the junk food, so having a gift that we can enjoy later is so nice.  I can put it on my shelf for another day when I need a quick treat.  

Ingredients for M&M cookies

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup M&Ms
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Instructions:

Layer ingredients in jar as they are listed. Attach the recipe to the jar and decorate the jar. In the above picture, I cut out a small piece of fabric into a square and placed it onto the lid and then tightened the ring of the jar over the top of that.  

Instructions on the attached recipe should look something like this:

M & M’s Cookie Mix in a Jar
Preheat oven to 350
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together
½ cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Add entire contents of jar and stir until well blended.  Roll
dough into walnut sized balls. Place on a greased
cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

The gift receiver just needs to dump the ingredients into a bowl and add:
1/2 c softened butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix and bake up a yummy treat.  

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Cookie Mix Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8 large Reese's peanut butter cups

Cut the Reese's in 1/2 inch pieces and wrap in plastic wrap. Layer all ingredients in the jar with the Reese's going in last. 

Attach to the jar: 

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Mix
Preheat oven to 350
Remove candies from jar. Empty the cookie mix into a bowl.
Add ½ cup butter, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix until blended. Stir in candies. Roll dough into walnut size
balls. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

For a printable recipe card click here: Christmas Cookies in a Jar



I hope you enjoy. I would love to hear about your Christmas gifts to neighbors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...