Search The Web

Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up


I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving. I love getting together with my brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents. parents and cousins.  Unfortunately because of the traveling distance that doesn't happen often enough.  

Thanksgiving is a big event for my family.  My mom has 10 brothers and sisters so as you can imagine when we get together with all of them or even a portion of them, it is a full house.  As none of my aunts and uncles have a house big enough to host that many people, for years we have rented the senior citizens center or met at the local church to enjoy our feast.  

One of my aunts and uncle purchased a store a few years back, the Soup Town Cafe, so now that is where we all congregate for Thanksgiving.  There is plenty of space to fit us all, barely. We are a big crowd.  Family and neighbors all join in for the feast with each bringing a dish to share.   Some dishes are great, some not so great like the pickled asparagus last year. 


Once we have all had our fill, my aunt turns on the open  sign for business.  As Soup Town Cafe is between Zion and Bryce Canyons, there are still plenty of tourists traveling through this time of year.  Most are foreign and have no idea why all the shops are closed.  We have had foreigners from Norway, Sweden, and other countries stop in and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal. Most are surprised that they are getting a meal for free.   It is fun to see how these people react and to be able to serve them when there is no where else opened. 

On to the recipes, these are all that I have posted in the past but they are great family favorites. Hopefully you find a few you want to try this Thanksgiving. 

Oriental Coleslaw   


I love this recipe. It is such a nice change from a green salad.

Rich Dinner Rolls

My mom has been in charge of making these yummy rolls for years now. 
She does such a great job.  This is usually something I pitch in a help with, but not this year,
I had a fall and broke my arm. Sorry mom, your on your own with your monstrous 4 x's batch. 

Pumpkin Rolls 


Oh one of my all time favorites. Who can resist the creamy goodness of 
cream cheese and whip topping rolled up in a pumpkin cake. 

Cranberry Salsa


Add a different kind of Cranberry to your Thanksgiving Table this year. You'll be glad you did.

Caramelized Green Beans


Bacon and onions give this recipe a nice kick and a great addition to any meal.

Sweet Potato Casserole


This is by far the best way to have sweet potatoes. 

Grandma Knowles Potato Salad


Black Bean Couscous


Double Layer Pumpkin Dessert


We can't forget the traditional flavor of pumpkin.  
I love this recipe, it is so much easier than making 
a pumpkin pie and tastes just a great.


Carmelitas


Oh gooey goodness of caramel.

Mashed potatoes and Hot Dogs

Okay, so this is an after Thanksgiving recipe and a great way 
to use up all those left over potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...