Search The Web

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Seasoned and Dried Kale


My Grandma gave me this recipe and gave me rave reviews on it.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous to try it because of all the different spices in it.  I'm glad I went ahead and tried this yummy Kale. It is a little addicting and is packed with beneficial nutrients.

Ingredients

1/3 Cup of Cashews*
2 tbs. Lemon Juice
3 tbs. Water
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Real Salt*
1 small chunk of onion (2-3 tbs)
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp. Tumeric
1 Clove of Garlic
Ground pepper to taste
1 container of Kale  (5 oz.)

Instructions

Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, except kale.  Blend until smooth.  In a medium bowl, toss kale with the dressing.  (The original recipe calls for spreading kale on cookie sheet and then brushing on the sauce with a basting brush. This sounded like to much work to me. So do what ever you prefer.)

Line a commercial size cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread kale evenly on the sheet.  Place kale in a 200 degree oven and bake until crisp.  This will take up to 1 hour.  After 30 minutes, check kale.

Alternate method to dry the kale: Place kale on non stick sheet and place on dehydrator racks.  Place in dehydrator and set drying temp at 105.  Dry for 6-12 hours,  check and turn kale over.  Dry until desired crispness.

(I used Sunflower seeds instead of Cashews because that is what I had on hand.  Be sure and use a good quality salt such as Celtic Sea Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt or Real Salt.  The health benefits of a good salt are amazing.)



3 comments:

  1. Awesome post .i hope everybody will like your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really interesting, I hope everybody lick this Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thank you for supplying these details.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...