Search The Web

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Egg Drop Soup

I am constantly trying to find recipes that are low carb, have protein and taste good.  I feel so much better when I eliminate sugars and carbs out of my eating habits.   One of my favorites at my local Chinese restaurant is their egg drop soup, so I decided to try my hand at making it on my own.  Adding cabbage was my own creation, but feel free to leave that out if cooked cabbage just isn't your thing. A lot of egg drop soups contain corn, I left the corn out because it is a starch and felt like I didn't need the carbs from it.
I got this recipe from the Atkins Diet. It is low carb, low calorie and low fat and it tastes yummy.

Ingredients

29 Ounce can of chicken broth
1 Teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
2 large eggs, beaten
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cabbage (optional)
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Soy Sauce

Instructions:

In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth and ginger to a boil, add in the cabbage. When cabbage is tender, turn down the heat to simmer and slowly pour in egg to form yellow threads.

Turn heat off and add green onions, sesame oil and soy sauce to taste.  Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.

Carbs 1.2
Protein 4.3
Calories 51
Fat 3.2

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...