Search The Web

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Taco Soup

I love this Taco Soup recipe.  It is so easy to make and can be thrown together fairly quickly.  I love that you can add in more cans of beans for those guest that decide to descend upon you at dinner time.  My kids love that they can dip their corn chips into their soup. I think they eat more of the chips than the actual soup.   Enjoy!

Taco Soup Ingredients

1 - 1 1/2  pounds ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed *
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans, rinsed *
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or 2 1/2 tablespoons)
1  15oz can of tomato sauce
2 cups water
Corn chips
Sour cream
Grated cheese
Chopped green onions

Directions

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat. (I like to place my ground beef in a colander and rinse under hot water.) Place browned meat and onion in a large pot, add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilies, black olives and taco seasoning.  Place pot on the stove top and simmer over low heat  until warmed through.  To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese and green onions.

* I love this recipe because it is so versatile. If I do not have pinto or kidney beans on hand  I use black beans, black eyed peas or even garbanzo beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...